I launched Gold Notes: Nuggets from the World of Residential Design in July 2008. I saw it as a way to share my kitchen and bath design expertise with a wider audience.
I had no idea at the time that the blog would offer so many unexpected benefits...
- The blog took my design firm website into Google's top five kitchen design firm results for my area. This is unprecedented for such a young web site!
- The blog started being read by design industry magazine editors who contacted me for quotes.
- Being quoted in national and regional magazines generated client interest and projects.
- The blog positioned me as an expert in my field, which provided support for the seminars I wanted to present.
- The blog has also connected me to a wider community of design bloggers, publishers and home good manufacturers who have provided additional professional opportunities, including becoming a regular contributor to the popular Kitchens.com site.